It will take a herculean effort to overcome stats like that…or maybe just a brilliant psychologist, researcher, and professor. That’s where Bill Hudenko, Ph.D. and his fellow troublemakers at Trusst come in.
All treatment begins with recognition that something isn’t working. The Trusst website doesn’t mince words. It has the following in large letters on their About Us page –
The mental healthcare system is broken.
Trusst is how we start fixing it.
- Rather than wait a long time to get an appointment with a vetted therapist, patients using Trusst will simply take out their phone and text a message to their therapist on the Trusst solution. An answer will come back to the patient via text message no longer than 24 hours later.
- Rather than wait until their appointment to recount some triggering incident, patients can text the update to their licensed mental health professional immediately, while every detail of the event is fresh in their minds.
- Rather than fear the stigma of making visits to a therapist’s office, patients can text messages from anywhere.
An intervention of language
As you will hear Bill say in the podcast, psychotherapy is an intervention of language. Clinicians must say the right thing to the right person at the right time.
Because texting is digital, and because the Trusst app includes a learning engine, their success at delivering the right message correctly will only improve. Texting will never rule out the contribution of clinicians. They will pick up visual cues about emotions and feelings that a wireless phone cannot. So Trusst has built frameworks that clinicians can take advantage of as they use the messaging to provide more frequent touches.
Trusst will transform the delivery of mental healthcare. They have a very new approach and they know exactly what to do with it.
CTO – Chief Troublemaking Officer
Bill explained the characteristics that make him an industry disruptor:
- A skillset acquired from a career in technology and mental health
- An industry and business acumen acquired in roles like CEO, CSO, and CTO
- A mind that looks for ways to “make it better” no matter what he’s fixed his gaze upon
Learn more about Trusst
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn